Listen Live to what I'm listening to !!

Head Over to My Broadcast Radio Station - Monitoring HF Maritime and Other HF Utility Comms

Sunday 26 October 2008

DEGEN 1103 - Died after many hours of use

G'day,

Just a short blurp to say that my DEGEN 1103 broke a few weeks back, which means I've now had it 18mths back. I actually bought two at the time, one for me and one for my brother, and his appears to be still going strong.

My ltitle radio broke in the strangest way, in that while on shortwave, any frequency I was that was ODD number, would be muted, while any frequency I was on that was EVEN was still fine. I opened it up to see if there was any obvious lose connection, but nothing obvious was found.

So Straight onto EBAY and ordered another one. Well it arrived few days back, and guess what ?? It sucked big time. I can only conclude that it faulty in that all through the shortwave band my local AM stations are ghosting very loudly and strongly, and that is just using the internal whip. When I plug in the external long wire antenna the overloading is even worse.

So I've contacted the ebay seller and without any hassles has indicated that he'll replace it with another one and swears that the radio was new from DEGEN. So come Monday I've parcel it up and ship it back.

Fingers crossed that the next one will be ok.

Cheers
Mark

No comments:

Brisbane QTH 2007

Brisbane QTH 2007
Heres my little Listening Post at Brisbane

Charlotte Pass August 2007

Charlotte Pass August 2007
The DEGEN 1103 in action on the ski slopes

Listening Post Thredbo

Listening Post Thredbo
Degen DE1103 and Long Wire - Thredbo Camp Site June 2007

Condamine Gorge - XMAS / NEW YEARS 2006

Condamine Gorge - XMAS / NEW YEARS 2006
Brother Robbie and I listening to the Sydney Hobart Yacht Race scheduled radio morning Check in. Those swags are very confortable.

Cold Night - Mum, Dad and Robbie at Lake St Clair on our Tassie Trip 2007

Cold Night - Mum, Dad and Robbie at Lake St Clair on our Tassie Trip 2007
It was a very cold night, but man that fire was bueatiful. Using the Sangean ATS-505 coupled with external 100ft wire for MW DXing.

New Years Eve 2005 - My Wife Tanya and I

New Years Eve 2005 - My Wife Tanya and I
You can see the FRG-7 we brought in my New Years as a Family. Starting with New Zealand / Melborne / Brisbane then lost count after that :) And it finished for me with BBC broadcast of chimes of Big Ben Clock from London.