Listen Live to what I'm listening to !!

Head Over to My Broadcast Radio Station - Monitoring HF Maritime and Other HF Utility Comms

Tuesday 1 January 2008

New Years Eve DXing

Me Listening to RNZI waiting for first of many 2007/2008 New Year DX :)

What can I say, it started of poorly and ended poorly. By this I mean, I was listening to New Zealand 5x5 on 9765 khz, then they changed to 13840 khz and the reception was piss poor. I should have taken this a a hint towards what the rest of the night was going to be like.

BTW I used the TWIKI http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_time_zones but I found it to be mostly accurate, but at the same time fairly obvious mistakes etc. For example Solomons is down for +1100 however it was +1000 in line with Sydney/Mebourne etc.

Any ways here goes, (Please note that I'll get the WMA recordings up ASAP for those that say LISTEN HERE).


+1200Radio New Zealand(10min Before, 5min before, 1min before, NY)
+1100Solomon Is.(Listen Here) - Before I found timezone was wrong under TWIKI it was actaully +1000.
+1000Radio Australia(Listen Here)
+0900Brisbae 4KQ(Listen Here)
+0830ABC - Alice Springs(Listen Here)
+0800Voice of Korea(Listen Here)
+0700China Radio Intl'(Listen Here)

By this time I was full of Beer and very TIRED and frustrated with the HF Propagation, so headed of to bed.


+0200TurkeyAt Midnight lost Transmission and CRI came up (Listen Here).
+0100Unable to find Country with signal to Australia :(
0000 United Kingdom - BBC11955 khz was viable but signed on at 0000 leaving me with 9740 khz which was PISS POOR - (Listen Here) you can just hear Big Ben.

Again full of frustration I shut down and went back to bed for more sleep.

-0900AlaskaTuned in to KNLS 7355 / 6150 khz but they did appear to ack new year :(
-1000HawaiiTried KWHR but again they also did not ack new year :(


Happy New Year Everyone :)
Mark

No comments:

Brisbane QTH 2007

Brisbane QTH 2007
Heres my little Listening Post at Brisbane

Charlotte Pass August 2007

Charlotte Pass August 2007
The DEGEN 1103 in action on the ski slopes

Listening Post Thredbo

Listening Post Thredbo
Degen DE1103 and Long Wire - Thredbo Camp Site June 2007

Condamine Gorge - XMAS / NEW YEARS 2006

Condamine Gorge - XMAS / NEW YEARS 2006
Brother Robbie and I listening to the Sydney Hobart Yacht Race scheduled radio morning Check in. Those swags are very confortable.

Cold Night - Mum, Dad and Robbie at Lake St Clair on our Tassie Trip 2007

Cold Night - Mum, Dad and Robbie at Lake St Clair on our Tassie Trip 2007
It was a very cold night, but man that fire was bueatiful. Using the Sangean ATS-505 coupled with external 100ft wire for MW DXing.

New Years Eve 2005 - My Wife Tanya and I

New Years Eve 2005 - My Wife Tanya and I
You can see the FRG-7 we brought in my New Years as a Family. Starting with New Zealand / Melborne / Brisbane then lost count after that :) And it finished for me with BBC broadcast of chimes of Big Ben Clock from London.